In this course, you'll learn how to use the popular 74HC595 chip, also known simply as the 595. It's a shift register that enables you to control many things (LEDs, transistors, etc) with only a few pins.
We recommend you have basic knowledge of digital electronics before taking this course. You can learn basic digital electronics from the course Introduction to Digital Electronics.
This course is a guest contribution by Ronald Guthrie. Thanks, Ron!
Members Only Section
Hey there! To get access to this and all the other resources to learn electronics with Ohmify, you need to be a member.
Lessons in this Course:
- Introduction To the 595
- 595 Pinout
- Experiment A: Light the 4 First LEDs
- Experiment B: Light the 4 Last LEDs
- Experiment C: Disabling the Output
- Experiment D: Clearing the Register
- Practice What You Learned
- Preparation For Arduino Experiments
- Experiment E: 595 With Arduino
- Experiment F: 595 With Arduino PWM
- Experiment G: Clear All LEDs
- Further Learning