Have you ever experienced that your phone’s battery dies when you need it the most? Maybe on a hiking trip when you want to take a beautiful photo. Maybe when you’re trying to find your friends in a festival full of people. It’s usually at the worst possible moment.
With this portable USB charger, you can recharge your phone on-the-go. It uses standard AA batteries that you can buy in any supermarket, or you can modify it to use other battery types, solar power or even power adapters not really meant for your phone.
The charger works like a 500 mA iPhone charger and will work with most modern phones.
Members Only Section
Hey there! To get access to this and all the other resources to learn electronics with Ohmify, you need to be a member.
Lessons in this Course:
- The Circuit Diagram
- Step 1: Add the rectifier diode
- Step 2: Add the voltage regulator
- Step 3: Add the indication LED
- Step 4: Break copper strips
- Step 5: Add resistors for the USB connection
- Step 6: Connect the USB socket
- Step 7: Connect the battery holder
- Step 8: Cut the board
- What if the circuit doesn’t work?
- Modify Your Charger