In this course, you’ll learn how to flash two LEDs using only resistors, capacitors, and transistors.
It's a classical circuit called an astable multivibrator, a type of oscillator. You can also use it to create sound by reducing some of the component values.
To understand this circuit, you’ll need a good understanding of how voltages and currents behave in both series and parallel circuits. You’ll also need to understand how voltages behave with diodes and capacitors.
Before starting, it's recommended that you've finished the following courses:
Members Only Section
Hey there! To get access to this and all the other resources to learn electronics with Ohmify, you need to be a member.
Lessons in this Course:
- Meet The Diode
- How Voltages Behave With Capacitors
- A Capacitor In Parallel With A Diode
- How To Delay A Transistor
- Creating The Oscillator
- Circuit Walk-Through
- Experiment: Build The LED-Flasher
- Experiment: Build A One-LED Flasher
- Experiment: Build Your Own Buzzer Circuit